Speculating about rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to watching matches. In this daily column, we’ll take a look at the latest rumors being released by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that – rumours. None of this has been confirmed as true, it’s just a pro wrestling rumor going around. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back, which you can find here. Remember, take everything with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- Multiple outlets have reported that CM Punk has signed a new deal with WWE Survivor Series And it’s a “multi-year deal.”
- The choice to fight Notes Punk had an hour-long conversation with Triple H about a week ago that opened the door for everything to happen, but it came together at the last minute.
- They also say that everyone involved in the main event match was informed that Punk would appear at the end of the show before they walked out of the match.
- Ber PW Insider, the Drew McIntyre situation was “unlike the Seth Rollins thing where the cameras were rolling in the arena, there wasn’t a job where nobody filmed Drew backstage”. Dave Meltzer says they don’t know if McIntyre’s upset is punk-related, but some people think so.
- Speaking of McIntyre, Insider also said that he hasn’t discussed a new contract with WWE recently, and that he’s willing to take time off for those close to him if needed, as his family has suffered through the loss. Recently.
- On that day Wrestling Spectator Radio, Dave Meltzer said that many people in WWE “are being paid huge amounts of money to stay.” There was hope that wrestlers wouldn’t get paid more after the TKO deal, but it appears to be the opposite, and they don’t want anyone out.
- Dragon Lee replaces Carlito Survivor Series Says it was always part of the plan and not a last minute decision the observer.
- Will Osprey’s AEW contract is 3+ years and a “seven figure a year deal” fighting.
If you’ve heard of any interesting rumors you’d like to add, post them in the comments section below. Keep in mind that they are rumors and not confirmed as true, so take them as they are. Take a look back at our weekly gossip Here To track how often rumors turn out to be correct.