Top News

Funding announced for new town hall and fire vehicle in L’Anse au Clair

The provincial government announced funding for a new town hall and fire vehicle for L’Anse au Clair at St. Andrews Anglican Church on Wednesday, Nov. 28. Among those present for the announcement were (from left) town clerk Loretta Griffin, Coun. Shelley Griffin, Coun. Monica Hunt, Coun. Jamie O'Brien, Premier Dwight Ball, Cartwright-L'Anse au Clair MHA Lisa Dempster, Municipal Affairs and Environment Minister Graham Letto, L'Anse au Clair Mayor Chad Letto, Coun. Sheila Chubbs, and Coun. Wade Chubbs.
The provincial government announced funding for a new town hall and fire vehicle for L’Anse au Clair at St. Andrews Anglican Church on Wednesday, Nov. 28. Among those present for the announcement were (from left) town clerk Loretta Griffin, Coun. Shelley Griffin, Coun. Monica Hunt, Coun. Jamie O'Brien, Premier Dwight Ball, Cartwright-L'Anse au Clair MHA Lisa Dempster, Municipal Affairs and Environment Minister Graham Letto, L'Anse au Clair Mayor Chad Letto, Coun. Sheila Chubbs, and Coun. Wade Chubbs. - Stephen Roberts

L’ANSE AU CLAIR, N.L.

The provincial government is investing over $1 million through the municipal capital works program to help build a new town hall in L’Anse au Clair.

Several government officials, including Premier Dwight Ball and Municipal Affairs and Environment Minister Graham Letto, visited the community yesterday, Wednesday, Nov. 28, to make the announcement at St. Andrews Anglican Church.

The Town of L’Anse au Clair is contributing approximately $725,000 towards the cost-shared project, according to a release from the Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment.

During the event, it was also announced the provincial government has also allocated $108,000 for a new rural response vehicle for the town’s fire department. That amount represents 80 per cent of the cost of the vehicle. The town will fund the remaining 20 per cent.

“A new, modern town hall for the Town of L’Anse au Clair will enable the council to enhance services for residents,” Letto said in the release.

“We have committed to provide firefighters with modern equipment, and a new fire vehicle will ensure they have the tools they need to keep residents safe.”

Letto was making his first funding announcement since his recent appointment as minister of Municipal Affairs and Environment. It was a special homecoming for the Labrador West MHA, who grew up in L'Anse au Clair.

Recent Stories