Jonathan Majors charged with assault and harassment over domestic dispute | movies

Jonathan Majors has been charged with multiple misdemeanor counts of assault and harassment after he was accused of assaulting a woman during a “domestic dispute,” the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office has confirmed.

Majors, star of Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantummania, was arrested Saturday while responding to a 911 call at an apartment in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood, New York City police said.

A 30-year-old woman sustained minor injuries on her head and neck and was admitted to the hospital, police said. Majors was released from police custody on Saturday night.

On Monday, the district attorney’s office confirmed that the actor was charged with multiple counts of third-degree assault, three counts of attempted third-degree assault, second-degree aggravated harassment and one count of harassment. degree.

A judge released Majors on his own recognizance and granted a limited defense. His next hearing is scheduled for May 8.

In the complaint, the unnamed female accuser said the defendant “struck her in the face with an open hand, causing considerable pain and a bruise behind her ear” and he “put his hand on her neck, causing bruising and considerable pain.” .

“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and the victim of a dispute with a woman he knew,” the actor’s criminal lawyer, Priya Chaudhry, said in a statement after his arrest on Sunday. “We are quickly gathering evidence and submitting it to the district attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped immediately.”

Chowdhury had earlier alleged that the evidence to be collected would include video footage of the vehicle where the alleged incident took place, testimonies from the driver and bystanders, and two written statements from the woman.

See also  Dallas and parts of North Texas remain under a winter storm warning until Wednesday

“Under these circumstances the NYPD should have made an arrest, and that’s the only reason why Mr. Majors was arrested,” Chaudhry added.

A rep for Majors also denied any wrongdoing by the actor. “He did nothing wrong,” the rep said in an email. “We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this.”

Majors has long-term plans with Marvel Studios to play Kong as the main villain in the studio’s current films and television, which will lead him into the 2025 title Avengers: The Kong Dynasty.

Advertisements featuring the majors for the U.S. Army were also pulled after his arrest, with the Army’s Office of Corporate Marketing saying in a statement that it was “deeply concerned by the allegations.”

Majors are “innocent until proven guilty, and prudence dictates that we pull our ads until the investigation into these allegations is completed,” they added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *