Youth Ventures presented awards to seven young entrepreneurs, a community mentor and a Youth Ventures coordinator during a ceremony in Conception Bay South on Thursday.
CONCEPTION BAY SOUTH, NL – Youth Ventures Newfoundland and Labrador held its 20th annual awards ceremony at the Manuels River Interpretation Centre in Conception Bay South on Thursday.
Awards were presented to seven young entrepreneurs, a community mentor and a Youth Ventures coordinator.
The winners were:
- Venture of the Year: Jenna Dimmer - Dimmer’s Dynamic Salon, Marystown
- Excellence in Financial Management: Alyssa Barrett, Karlie Squires – A&K Candy Boutique, Old Perlican
- Excellence in Marketing: Steven Ryan, Ephraim Messele – The Convenience Crew, St. John’s
- Trailblazer of the Year: Madison Dicks, Jessie Lawrence, Vinn Elliott – Camp Ohana, Corner Brook
- Outstanding Venture (17 years and under): Cody Green – Strung Out, Carbonear
- Excellence in Arts and Tourism: Logan Belben – Logan’s Labrador Souvenirs, L’Anse au Loup
- Excellence in Customer Service: Cakes by Two Peas in a Pod – Cora Hogg, Devyn Hogg, Grand-Falls Windsor
- Mentor of the Year: John Smith, Conception Bay South
- Star Coordinator: Emily Balsom, Gander
The Youth Ventures program has helped 6,200 entrepreneurs start 4,200 businesses in its 25 years of operation.
The program is presented by the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of CBDCs.
“Seeing the quality of businesses created by our youth is an incredibly positive thing for the future of our province,” Roseanne Leonard, managing director of the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of CBDCs, said in a news release.
“These young people have a strong vision of how to do business and there is no doubt that they will be the leaders of tomorrow. The work that we see come through our offices with the Youth Ventures program is amazing. Entrepreneurship in this province is booming, and we are reminded every year at these awards that the entrepreneurial spirit is not going anywhere.”